Impact of shifting load centers on the stability of the forklift
Pratyush Deshmukh, Gunchita Kaur Wadhwa, , ,
Affiliations Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering, Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Amity University Mumbai, Mumbai, India
This study discusses how to design a system to establish the stability of a forklift fork working with different weights using designing and simulation software. The stresses which appear in the lifting installation of a fork-lift truck at loading-unloading operations are investigated for given input data like load carrying capacity of the fork, the effects of various loads on different positions of the fork regarding stresses and then compare calculated Stresses with allowable material stresses (yield stress/F.O.S). This paper focuses on the significance of Load Centre when subjected to loading at different positions.
Pratyush Deshmukh, Gunchita Kaur Wadhwa (2018). Impact of shifting load centers on the stability of the forklift. International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends, 5(4), 92-97. Retrieved from http://ijcert.org/ems/ijcert_papers/V5I401.pdf
Keywords : Forklift, load centre, load carrying capacity, fork, design
1. I.I. Boyko, S.P. Cherednichenko «Transport-freight systems and warehouses: educational manual»/. Rostov -Don/ Phoenix, 2007 р.155-161.
2. Carina Rislund, HilleviHemphälä, Gert-Åke Hansson c, IstvanBalogh (2013), “Evaluation of three principles for forklift steering Effects on physical Workload”, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol. 43.
3. Ehlanda A, Williams M S and Blakeborough A (2010), “Dynamic load model for fork-lift trucks”, Engineering Structures, Vol. 32, pp. 2693–2701.
4. George Pantazopoulos, Athanasios Vazdirvanidis, Andreas Rikos and AnagnostisToulfatzis (2014), “Analysis of abnormal fatigue failure of forklift forks”, Case Studies in Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 2, pp. 9–14.
5. Jan-Florian Hoenghoff, Andreas Jungk, Werner Knop, and LudgerOvermeyer (2011), “Using 3D Field Simulation for Evaluating UHF RFID Systems on Forklift Trucks”, IEEE Transactions On Antennas And Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 2, February 2011.
6. Juan M Massone and Roberto E Boeri (2010), “Failure of forklift forks”, Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 17, pp. 1062–1068.
7. NolimoSolman K (2002), "Analysis of interaction quality in human-machine systems applications for forklifts", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 33, pp. 155–166.
8. Souvik Das, GoutamMukhopadhyay and Sandip Bhattacharyya (2015), "Failure analysis of axle shaft of a forklift", Case Studies in Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 3.
9. Timothy R, Driscoll N, James E Harrison, Clare Bradley, Rachel S Newson (2008), “The Role of Design Issues in Work-Related Fatal Injury in Australia”, Journal of Safety Research, Vol. 39, pp. 209 – 214.
10. Tim Horberrya Ã, Tore J Larssona, Ian Johnstona and John Lambert (2004), "Forklift safety traffic engineering and intelligent transport systems a case study", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 35, pp. 575–581.