Affiliations Aeronautical Department, Vel Tech Dr. RR& Dr.SR Technical University, Chennai, 600 062 India
:10.22362/ijcert/2017/v4/i5/xxxx [UNDER PROCESS]
This paper deals with the design of hovercraft where the hovercraft can travel on land as well as on water which is an unmanned aerial vehicle with a maximum take-off weight are 0.8 kg. The design of this hovercraft which is capable of hovering and forward motion. The hovercraft design criteria involve the stability and power to weight ratio. The air intake in a hovercraft plays a major role in the flow of air into the skirt. This design involves a multi-propeller hovercraft. There are holes designed for optimizing the design. The hover height is 15 cm. An open plenum type of hovercraft with a bag skirt configuration opts. The design of hovercraft is done via CATIA.
A.M Anushree Kirthika et.al, “DESIGN OF AN UNMANNED HOVERCRAFT”, International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends, 4(5):pp:190-194 ,May -2017.
Keywords : Hovercraft, hover, Open Plenum, Multipropeller hovercraft
1) A.K. Amiruddin, S.M. Sapuan and A.A. Jaafar “Development of a hovercraft prototype with an aluminum hull base”, International Journal of the Physics Sciences vol.6(17), pp.4185-4194, 2 September 2011
2) Grant Wagner, Michael Butler, Derek Smith, Kyle Palmer, “Design and fabrication of a model hovercraft”, Final Report, Rose – Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, Indiana, 2 July 2008.
3) C. Fitzergerald and R. Wilson, “Light Hovercraft Design”, 3rd Hoverclub of America Inc, 1995, 37-38.
4) Grant Wagner “Universal Hovercraft, The World Leader in Hovercraft
5) Introduction to RC Modeling -Module 4 Make a Hovercraft
6) Kofi Anguah, Nick Szapiro “Design and construction of a Passenger Hovercraft”, E90 Final Report, 05/08/2009
7) S.V. Uma Maheswara Rao, V.S. Surya Prakash (Professor, M.E Student, Department of Marine Engineering, AUCE (A), Visakhapatnam-5300003) Development of An Integrated Air Cushioned Vehicle (Hovercraft), International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), 4(5),2014, 21.
8) Edwin Chan Hanjiang, “Design of a working Model Hovercraft”, University Malaysia Pahang.
9) S.H. Mohamed Noor, K.Syam, A.A Jaafar, M.F.Mohamad Sharif, IOP Publishing, Proceedings of i-MEC-APCOMS 2015.
We have kept IJCERT is a free peer-reviewed scientific journal to endorse conservation. We have not put up a paywall to readers, and we do not charge for publishing. But running a monthly journal costs is a lot. While we do have some associates, we still need support to keep the journal flourishing. If our readers help fund it, our future will be more secure.