Improving Public Safety in Everyday's Life Using Mobile Computing Applications
Arwa AlKhunine, Mohammed Imran, , ,
Affiliations Computer Science Department, College of Computer Science & Information Technology, Dammam, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University ,34212, Saudi Arabia
:10.22362/ijcert/2017/v4/i11/xxxx [UNDER PROCESS]
Keeping the public safe has always been the most important task of the country. Different kinds of incidents happen almost every day and usually, they are not reported correctly to the intended department. The main departments in the country are (1) law enforcement, (2) fire department, and (3) emergency medical services. This paper presents several improvements for selected research studies in order to make the three departments well-connected and suitable for public areas. Indoor GPS helps in locating specific incidents' area inside buildings, this helps in saving the time and effort to assist any incident. Saving lives is an important aspect to maintain a healthy and safe environment where an immediate health care is provided to the injured which increases their chances to heal faster. Also, improved fire detection and controlling system helps in eliminating the danger and damage to other's property. Further, we should engage the citizens in the incident reporting process via providing user-friendly applications, arranging awareness campaigns, and adopting new technologies to make devices intelligent enough so they won't need a human controller.
Arwa AlKhuninei and Mohammed Imran (2017). Improving Public Safety in Everyday's Life Using Mobile Computing Applications. International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends, 4(11), 456-460. Retrieved from http://ijcert.org/ems/ijcert_papers/V4I1101.pdf
1) O. Bayrak, C. Temizyurek, M. Barut, O. Turkyilmaz and G. Gur, "A Novel Mobile Positioning Algorithm Based on Environment Estimation," 2007 4th Workshop on Positioning, Navigation, and Communication, Hannover, 2007, pp. 211-215.
2) P. Erickson et al., "Designing public safety mobile applications for disconnected, interrupted, and low bandwidth communication environments," 2013 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST), Waltham, MA, 2013, pp. 790-796.
3) A. Muyanja, P. I. Musasizi, C. Nassimbwa, S. S. Tickodri-Togboa, E. K. Kayihura and A. Ngabirano, "Requirements engineering for the Uganda police force crime records management system," 2013 21st IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE), Rio de Janeiro, 2013, pp. 30-307.
4) M. S. A. Azmil, N. Ya'acob, K. N. Tahar and S. S. Sarnin, "Wireless fire detection monitoring system for fire and rescue application," 2015 IEEE 11th International Colloquium on Signal Processing & Its Applications (CSPA), Kuala Lumpur, 2015, pp. 84-89.
5) R. Sowah, K. O. Ampadu, A. Ofoli, K. Koumadi, G. A. Mills and J. Nortey, "Design and implementation of a fire detection and control system for automobiles using fuzzy logic," 2016 IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, Portland, OR, USA, 2016, pp. 1-8.
6) Y. Okumura, E. Ohmori, T. Kawano, and K. Fukuda, 'Field strength and its variability in VHF und UHF land-mobile radio service,' Rev. Electr. Commun. Lab., vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 825, Sept. /Oct. 1968.
7) A. Medeisis and A. Kajackas, "On the use of the universal Okumura-Hata propagation prediction model in rural areas," VTC2000-Spring. 2000 IEEE 51st Vehicular Technology Conference Proceedings (Cat. No.00CH37026), Tokyo, 2000, pp. 1815-1818 vol.3.
8) F. V. Diggelen, C. Abraham, "Indoor GPS Technology", CTIA Wireless-Agenda, Dallas, 2001, pp.1-10.
9) R. A. Malaney, "NETp1-06: A Secure and Energy Efficient Scheme for Wireless VoIP Emergency Service," IEEE Globecom 2006, San Francisco, CA, 2006, pp. 1-6.
10) H. Kimm and S. Y. Shin, "Efficient use of java MIDP record management system in wireless devices," IEEE/Sarnoff Symposium on Advances in Wired and Wireless Communication, 2005., Princeton, NJ, 2005, pp. 113-116.
11) Y. H. Ho and S. Abdullah, "Reduced global positioning system (GPS) positioning error by mitigating ionospheric scintillation," 2014 IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Applications (ISWTA), Kota Kinabalu, 2014, pp. 110-115.
12) Shahil TP, Sharon Tom, Deepak Joseph, Jobin Francis, "Low Cost Multipurpose Camera.” International Journal of Computer Engineering in Research Trends. Vol. 2, Issue 12, December 2015, pp 1170-1172 ISSN (Online): 2349-7084.